Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Waiting For The Postman

There's nothing more frustrating than waiting for the postman to come, especially when what you're waiting for is coming from China. I've bought a couple of radios off of eBay and Aliexpress this week and thought I'd share!

TYT MD-380:

I've wanted to get into DMR for a while but the radios out there are too expensive and with the amount of time I spend on air, £200+ is just not worth it for me. Whilst browsing eBay I came across the TYT MD-380 which is a new DMR radio from Tytera. It has received great reviews so far and I can't wait to get it and give it a go!

I got a great deal on this at £109 with a programming cable! eBay treated me to a money off coupon on electronics so I bit their hand off.


Baofeng UVB2+ (Plus):

There's nothing new with this Baofeng. It is the GT-3 repackaged in a nice silver and black case. I saw a review of this on YouTube and thought I'd treat myself. I like the styling on this radio and for the price I've decided to collect various models as they come about.

I think this is by far the most stylish of the Baofeng series and can't wait for it to come! £22 delivered isn't bad either.


Baofeng UV-3R+ (Plus):

I've had my eye on this for a while. Basically a cross between the UV-3R and UV-5R, the UV-3R+ packs all the great features of the original UV-3R with even better styling. No Baofeng collection would be complete without one so I thought I'd get one. They're usually £25-£30 which is more expensive than the UV-5R but I got a deal on 2 for £39.99. So I contacted a good radio amateur friend of mine to see if he wanted to go halves so we got a brand new UV-3R+ for £20 which is a bargain.

I think I'll leave this one mounted in the car for mobile and portable use. It is extremely rugged and nice and compact enough that it will fit into a mobile phone windshield holder.

 

GY561 Frequency Counter & Power Meter:

Still waiting on this arriving and looking forward to getting some test videos on YouTube for all my handheld radios. Worth a go at £38 with loads of extras added.


Do you have any of the above? Let me know what you think! Drop me a comment or catch me on my YouTube channel.

Thanks for reading!

73's, Lewis M3HHY.

Manchester, UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment